Post 16 application information for Year 11s
The information below gives you a timeline for applying to schools, colleges and apprenticeships. All applications school and college applications are made using an online application system.
- In November students receive a letter from KCC giving them their username and password to login to the online application system.
- Each student will have a lesson where they will be able to log on to the system and see how it works. They will create their online profile which is used to apply for 6th form or college.
- Students should look at the websites of schools and colleges to see when their information evenings are. STS’s is in November, where we will be on hand to advise students and parents on the broader application process.
- In January there will be a second round of dedicated lessons where students can do any additional research and apply for courses. Institutions will want to know predicted GCSE results and the mock exams will be the basis for this.
- All year 11s will have an opportunity to meet with the careers advisor during the year. There are plenty of tools on the useful links section on the careers page of the school website to help students with their own independent research.
- Interviews and more open events take place in Jan to March.
- Apprenticeship events are organised for February / March where students gain more information on the range of apprenticeships available and how to apply for them. It is advisable for students interested in an apprenticeship to apply for an appropriate college course by this time as an alternative educational route.
- In March students have to go back online to check their applications and to order them in preference 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice.
Bellow is an example of a Personal Statement which students will need to create for their online profile.
- notes and tips on personal statement completion.
- For more information on how to use the KentChoices4U site:
Please find below the websites for local further education colleges which many students from STS continue on to post 16:
Please log on to this website and create an account, to apply for any of the opportunities advertised.