Sixth Form Contract
“To ensure that all of our students meet their full potential it is important at we have a code of conduct. It is important that you adhere to these rules as a failure to do so may result in disciplinary action and can ultimately lead to your place in Sixth Form being placed at risk.”
Sixth Form Contract
In choosing to enrol as a member of STS Sixth Form I am agreeing to the following:
- I will attend school on a daily basis between the hours of 8:45am and 3:30pm (or 2.40pm, if I do not have a timetabled lesson between 2:40pm and 3:30pm)
- I will inform school on the first day of any absence to explain my absence. I will either contact the Sixth Form office on 01304 610070 or email Rebecca.Whittaker@Sandwich-Tech.kent.sch.uk If required I will provide a doctor’s note/parental letter or email so my absence can be authorised.
- I will arrange holidays, medical and other private appointments e.g. driving lessons after school hours or during the school holidays. If I attend a doctors, dentist or other medical appointment during school hours I will be required to provide proof of this appointment via letter /email in order for my absence to be authorised.
- I will arrive punctually for all registrations, assemblies and lessons. If these expectations are not met then I will required to stay behind on Wednesday afternoon from 1.45- 3.15.
- I will use timetabled periods of private study to work on assignments, for background reading and research in ways which will improve my chances of academic success.
- I will work with the necessary commitment to complete assignments by the required deadlines and to a standard that reflects my personal target grade. If these expectations are not met then I will required to stay behind on Wednesday afternoon from 1.45- 3.15
- Students are expected to commit to a minimum of 4-5 additional hours of work per subject per week outside of lesson time.
- I will complete the courses that I enrol upon or, if a change is absolutely necessary I will consult Head of Sixth Form who will advise me as to the correct procedure which I will then follow.
- I understand that if I fail to complete a course or fail to submit coursework within the deadlines, the school reserves the right to request payment for examination entries. In addition, if an attendance level of 85% is not achieved, the school reserves the right to request payment for examination entries.
- I will abide by the sixth form dress code at all stages of the school year. I understand the importance of dressing smartly within a school environment and therefore if I do not follow this required dress code I am aware I will be sent home.
- I understand that whilst part time employment brings benefits, I will limit the number of hours per week, to 10 hours or less as any more is likely to have a detrimental effect on my academic grades.