The 16 to 19 Bursary is available to support students that may need assistance with some of the financial implications of Sixth Form. This is administered by the school and can be used to help with the cost of books, equipment, transport or any other reasonable purchases.
Full information about the scheme can be found on the Government's website:
There are two types of bursary:
- you are in or have recently left Local Authority care;
- you receive Income Support or Universal Credit because you are supporting yourself financially;
- you receive Disability Living Allowance (DLA) in your name and either Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) or Universal Credit;
- you receive Personal Independence Payment (PIP) in your name and either ESA or Universal Credit.
The bursary amount varies and depends on how much funding is available and how many students apply. Discretionary bursaries are awarded on a case-by-case basis.
In awarding a discretionary bursary, we will consider the following factors:
- students who are eligible for Free School Meals (FSM);
- students who do not receive FSM, but who live, on a permanent basis, in a household that is in receipt of means-tested benefits;
- students who face extreme, or unexpected, financial hardship.
If you need financial support but do not fall into any of the above categories please contact the Sixth Form office for further information on 01304 610070.
The forms to access the 16 to 19 Bursary will be uploaded here soon.