Here at Sandwich Technology School, we recognise the importance that reading can play in our students’ health, happiness and overall success. Studies have shown time and again that reading for pleasure…
…helps to improve spelling, punctuation and grammar,
…helps increase understanding and cognition,
…helps with imagination,
…helps to de-stress,
…will most likely lead to higher exam results and increased overall success.
The new School Library opened its doors in November 2019 and, since then, our Librarians, Emily Allison and Laura Mirams, have been working hard to get as many of the students as possible to engage with and enjoy everything it has to offer.
For the time being, the Library is closed for physical browsing, but we are still able to get books to the students through our ‘Just Read’ service on the Library Web App. Students can log in to the Web App and explore a variety of features. For example, they can:
- search and browse the whole STS Library catalogue;
- order a book to be delivered to them;
- reserve a book that is currently out on loan to another student;
- renew a book they have on loan;
- keep track of due dates for books they have borrowed;
- create lists of books they are interested in;
- write reviews for books to be published on the Web App, once approved by the Librarians;
- keep up to date with news and events on the homepage.
Go to the STS Library Web AppHow to log in to your own Web App accountHow to request a book through the 'Just Read' serviceE-booksThe Library is also delighted to have launched a new Scholastic Book Club. The school will earn 20 pence in 'Scholastic Rewards' for every £1 spent before 4 June 2021. To browse the latest books and order online go to:
Scholastic Book ClubAll orders placed will be delivered to the school.
If you have any comments, suggestions or questions, our Librarians would be very happy to hear from you: